Review: IQAir Atem Personal Air Purifier
IQAir has come out with another innovative product to create a healthier environment. We’ve used the IQAir Atem Car Air Purifier for a few years now and love it. So, I was pretty excited to try out the Atem Personal Air Purifier.
Clean air has been a hot topic lately with the recent pandemic. While it is too early to know if air purifiers can actually eliminate Covid-19, the thought of being able to breathe more clean air gives me some peace of mind. The idea of having my own personal clean air zone for my workspace is exciting.
Thank you IQAir for providing a sample of this product for me to review.
What is it?
The IQAir Atem Personal Air Purifier is a compact, personal air purifier to create a personal clean air zone. Small enough to fit a desk and provides airflow directly into your personal space.
- The product was packaged very well. Items were safely enveloped by a styrofoam box, inside the product box, which was all inside of the shipping box.
- Assembly was relatively easy. It took me about eight minutes from opening the box to plugging in the air purifier to use it on my desk. I definitely needed to use the instructions, but they were helpful and thorough.
- As I sit here at my desk, the air feels so refreshing. Before opening the package and turning on the air purifier, it felt stuffy and warm in my office. Right now, after running the air purifier for half an hour, the air feels so crisp and clean.
- The filter is a Hyper HEPA filter, which according to IQAir’s website, “The Hyper HEPA filtration system filters out particles down to 0.003 microns in size. Which is 100 times smaller than what is achieved with ordinary air filtration technology and 10x smaller than a virus.”
- It is very quiet. Really, no louder than a ceiling fan or the hum of the air conditioning coming through the vents. It ‘s the perfect amount of white noise to occupy audio space, but not cause distraction. I could even use this o,n my nightstand, and it would be a pleasant sound to hear as I fall asleep.
- It is so compact. It fits nicely on my desk without requiring me to move things around to accommodate space. It also fits discretely on my nightstand. I could easily pack it in my backpack or carry-on bag to take with me while traveling.
- There are three different settings: low, medium, and high speed. With high speed also being a cooling mode. When in low mode, I don’t hear the machine at all. When in high mode, there is more sound, but it is equivalent to a white noise machine at low volume.
- It’s easy to turn on and off by placing two fingers at the touchpoint in the center of the disc.
- The on and off indicators, blue and red, respectively, are subtle. So, I can use this at night, without much light pollution.
- The power cord is extremely flexible and thin, making it easy to tuck out of the way.
- I like the accessories available. A travel bag for easy carrying to and from the office. An adapter set to modify this air purifier into a car air purifier. And my favorite accessory, a battery pack to use when an outlet is not available.
- I can rotate the air purifier to accommodate different levels. If I am sitting higher, I rotate it up. If I am sitting in a lower chair, I can rotate it down.
- Pairing the air purifier to the IQAir app allows me to change settings, check filter status, and all sorts of other information like temperature and humidity.
- The desk air purifier attaches to a sturdy stand but doesn’t feel as stable as I would like. I fear my toddler will bump the air purifier and knock it off the stand. So, I am keeping this up out of his reach during the day.
- Changing the power adapters is a bit challenging. I attempted to remove the first power adapter I put on, and it was tough.
- The price. At $399 for the product and $79 for the replacement air filters, this is a definite investment. While it’s not cheap, the quality of the product, the benefits of its use, and versatility are priceless.
Buy! Air quality continues to be a threat to our health. Having something this compact, innovative, and functional to improve air quality is important. Now that so many people are working from home, this would be a great addition to your working space at home. it But, can also be taken into the office when the time comes. I also love the idea of taking with me while traveling. I could use it on a long airplane flight or in a hotel room. Having the air directly in front of me purified is pretty incredible. The IQAir Atem Desk Personal Air Purifier is a win in my book. Want to know more about the IQAir Atem Personal Air Purifier? Check out IQAir online.