Review: Parker Baby Birch Bag Diaper Backpack
Diaper bags have come a long way since I was a kiddo. I remember my mom carrying around a bulky, one strap, plastic textured rectangular-shaped bag when we were small. These days diaper bags, or more often than not, diaper backpacks, have really evolved to be more ergonomic, functional, and stylish.
Since the zipper on my most recent diaper bag had officially given out, I have been on the hunt for a replacement–Cue Parker Baby, who was so kind to gift me their Birch Bag Diaper Backpack. As a stay-at-home-mom, who owns a business and is always on the go with two toddlers in tow, this bag has been a major upgrade to fit my current lifestyle.
Whether we are headed to the beach, the office, out to eat, or just running errands, I have found a bag that does it all! My bag is usually full of diapers, extra toddler clothes, a computer, my planner, water cups, toys, snacks, and more on any given day. Because I am carrying too many random items, I appreciate the ability to keep things compartmentalized, so they are easy to get to. My last diaper bag was one giant bag with few pockets. It suited me well for the previous years but wasn’t cutting it today. The Birch Bag has all sorts of pockets: zippered, mesh, magnetic, big, small, inner, outer…you name it.
What is it?
So what is the Parker Baby Co Birch Bag Diaper Backpack? It’s a trendy-looking backpack with pockets galore to help parents stay prepared while out and about.
- Backpack style. As a Physical Therapist, I am all about a parenting tool that is also ergonomically helpful. I love that a backpack promotes symmetrical weight distribution to decrease strain on our backs.
- Insulated pockets. I can keep Chulengo & Bambino’s drinks cold, which is a huge perk on hot days. I also don’t have to worry about condensation ruining other items in the bag.
- So much space. Most recently, I was able to fit:
- two pairs of toddler pants
- two toddler sweatshirts
- two water bottles
- a laptop computer with charger
- four diapers + a pack of wipes
- a diaper changing pad
- two masks
- a small clutch
- my daily planner
- two snack cups
- a banana
- two oranges
- a granola bar
- a pouch
- a thick pad of paper
- a mini doodle board
- a small coloring book
- a travel magnet board
- Padded pocket for a laptop. Because I constantly switch roles between mom and business owner and am regularly on the go, I love taking my laptop along with me. It fits perfectly in the padded pocket and even has a strap to hold it in place.
- Zippered closure. I only use bags that close with a zipper. I like knowing all of the bag’s contents are secure and not going to fall out when I am chasing the kids around or completing some crazy maneuver to get a toddler strapped into a high chair at our neighborhood restaurant.
- Lightweight. This bag is so light. Since the bag is jam-packed with all my regular gear, it’s nice that the bag isn’t adding any weight.
- So many pockets! Five pockets are accessible from the outside. And at over ten pockets on the inside. There’s really a place for everything with zippered pockets, mesh pockets, elastic pockets, and more!
- It’s waterproof! I feel like if I have anything nice around the kids, it needs to be waterproof. Then I don’t have to fret when it’s raining, the kids spill something, I set the bag down in a pool of water, or any other disastrous mess that tends to happen when we are out and about.
- Stroller clips. Attaching this to the stroller has been awesome, when we are out for a walk, and I don’t need to carry the bag.
- Non-leather material. I’ve had a leather bag for many years, which was super easy to wipe clean. The trade-off here is that the material is much lighter. There are leather pulls on the zippers, which are a nice touch.
- I’ve had the same diaper station for over four years, and it is a bit too bulky to fit in this bag with my other items. Thankfully, the Birch Bag comes with a changing pad, so I only worry about diapers and wipes. I keep my regular diaper changing station in the car for backup as needed.
- Limited color options. This bag comes in two options: light gray and a light gray + white combo. I steer clear of white because I know what will happen to anything white in our house. And I am a sucker for black material, so I wish that were an option.
This is a GREAT option for a diaper bag! It really checks all the boxes parents are looking for in a bag: functional, stylish, affordable, and comfortable to wear. The Birch Bag really grows with the child. It is functional for all stages of parenting: newborn, infant, toddler, and beyond. If you’re in the market for a new diaper bag, I highly suggest the Parker Baby Birch Bag Diaper Backpack.